Employment Opportunities in the Thermoset Industry
Please send your resume and cover letter directly to the company posting
If your university joins TRFA as a Professional Members you can post your
qualifications on a special Resume Board on the TRFA Members-Only Website.
Click here for more information.
TRFA's Job Posting Board provides TRFA members a place to post unlimited available
positions at your company.
To take advantage of this great member benefit, please email positions you would
like to post to email@example.com.
Career Opportunity at LORD
LORD is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, disability status , protected veteran status , or any other characteristic protected by law.
Staff I Sr. Staff Engineer/Scientist
Employee Type: Full Time
Travel Required: Yes
Degree Required : Bachelor
Listed: August12, 2014
Manages Others: No
Cary, North Carolina
The Electronic Materials Technology team is looking for an experienced product development scientist or engineer. The candidate should have leadership experience, a polymer science background, a track record of commercializing new products, and excellent customer engagement skills. Experience is desired in the field of potting and encapsulation products, automotive electronics, LEOs, electric/hybrid vehicles, or power electronics.
The Electronic Materials Technology team is responsible for new product development and technical service of existing potting and encapsulant products across the globe. The team is comprised of chemists, material scientists and chemical engineers.
Candidates should be comfortable leading multiple new product development projects. The position would entail conducting lab experiments, supervising the work of others, project planning, running customer trials, supervising some scale up manufacturing batches , and communicating project progress. The candidate should have experience interfacing directly with external customers and chemical manufacturing plants.
The in cum bent is expected to maintain a standard of technical awareness, particularly in areas of expertise, and act as an in-house consultant in technical areas beyond direct responsibility as needed. This position requires the handling of chemicals and strong chemical and safety awareness. The incumbent will need to adhere to the company's ISO 9001quality, safety, and ethical business practices policies. The incumbent will be called upon to train and mentor other laboratory personnel. The position may require approximately 20% travel in the US and internationally.
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.3 GPAin chemistry, polymer science, chemical engineering, material science or a related field.
• 5+ years of industrial experience in the area of polymeric pottants, encapsulants, silicones, urethanes, or thermally conductive materials.
• 5+ years experience in developing new sales and customers
• A track record and desire to work in a laboratory environment.
• Experience leading medium to large product development projects or customer trials.
• •A track record of launching new polymeric material products.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with others even in challenging situations, including internal & external customers and teams.
• Prior published articles and/or patents.
• Awareness of chemical laboratory safety procedures.
•Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in related field.
• Experience in the fields of automotive electronics, LEOs, electrical/hybrid vehicles, or power electronics.
View full job posting and apply here.